Update:In our daily water-based defoamer, a small amount of thickener is added in order to stabilize the emulsion, so what kind...
In our daily water-based defoamer, a small amount of thickener is added in order to stabilize the emulsion, so what kind of thickener should be selected in the defoamer? The following ZHEJIANG RUICO ADVANCED MATERIALS CO., LTD
. will introduce you from six aspects:
1. Stability Thickeners with good stability should be selected, and some thickeners have good thickening effect at that time. However, it will liquefy after a period of time. As a result, water will be water and emulsion will be emulsion, which is what we often call layering or demulsification, which will seriously affect the quality of defoamer.
2. Convenience To choose a thickener that is easy to use, some thickeners are extremely difficult to use. It needs to be added to the water in an amount and dissolved for a long time before it can be used. waste time. Some use a high-speed disperser to stir for a long time to have a good uniform thickening effect, and some powder thickeners are not well stirred. There will be clumping phenomenon, which will seriously affect the product quality. Therefore, it is best to choose a thickener that is easy to use and quickly dissolves and thickens.
3. Stable Thickeners with stable quality should be selected. Some thickeners themselves are unstable in quality, and a batch may thicken well. A batch may be very different, and the quality of the product will be seriously affected when used.
4. Cost To choose a thickener with low cost, some thickeners are very cheap, but the amount added is large, and the cost of use is high. Some thickeners are more expensive, but the addition amount is small and the effect is good. On the contrary, the cost of use has dropped a lot.
5. Suitable There is no best thickener, only the most suitable. To choose the most suitable thickener, the best effect, the lowest cost, and the most convenient thickener for one's own product, it is necessary to determine it after a small trial at home.
6. Moderate Do not choose the most expensive, nor the cheapest, only choose the most suitable thickener to help thicken our water-based defoamer, thereby improving the stability, appearance, and quality of the defoamer.